Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Choice Read Post
Unfortunately, my choice book has gone missing! If anyone has seen a copy of The Boy Who Saved Baseball in Miss. Barnicle's room, please let me know. On top of that, I don't think I have my name in the book, so if it is located, no one will know that it is mine. Ugh! Oh well. The story was getting very interesting. Tom Gallagher, the book's main character, and his baseball team are practicing for The Big Game. This game will determine the fate of their home, Dillontown. If Tom's team wins, then the proposed housing development plan for the area will be thrown away. If the team loses, then the rolling hills will be steamrolled out and will be replaced with houses, golf courses, and new businesses. A majority of the townspeople are against the development plan, but the mayor made preparations anyway. The fate of the town rests on the shoulders of the baseball players. The team was surprised when a retired professional baseball player, Dante Del Gato, came out of retirement to help coach the team to victory. Del Gato has been working with the players for a few days, showing them everything he knows that could help them win the Big Game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tommy-
ReplyDeleteI really love the idea of this story, and like Jon said, the fact that it really teaches kids how much power they have. What do you actually think about the novel...not just whether you like it or not, but about what's going on in it, the individual characters, and the possible outcome. Let me know :)
It's Gibney! You really lost your book?
ReplyDeleteI know I read this book once, but I don't remeber a thing about it. This is alot like my old baseball team getting pumped before games, just take away the steam rollers and add the fact that I went to a private school and we played for respect, we needed to win and thats what we did.
ReplyDeletei'd really hate it if I was under all that pressure! when I start to think about how everything depends on me I freak out and do badly! I could never do this!!!
ReplyDelete